Earlier I shared some moody and dramatic images of architecture in black and white. Now it’s your turn!
Weekly Photography Challenge – Black and White Architecture
Even in harsh midday sun, you can often create stunning and dramatic images of architecture. Let’s take a look at a few black and white images of architecture. I’ll start you off with a few of my own from Turkey.
Your challenge this week is to photograph some architecture. You can do this no matter where you live. If there are buildings, you can do this. Even a hut or shack is architecture! Use a wide-angle lens or go for details, maybe shoot at night? It’s up to you how you approach it, just get out there shooting.
If you need some tips here are a few articles to help:
- 4 Beginner Tips for Doing Architecture Photography
- How to Create Stunning Architecture Photography by Painting with Light
- Tips for Different Approaches to Architecture Photography
- 8 Quick Tips to Improve Your Photos of Architectural Details
- 9 Architectural Photography Tips
- A Guide to Black and White Conversion in Photoshop
- A Guide to Black and White Conversion in Lightroom
- 8 Reasons to Use Silver Efex Pro 2 for Your Black and White Conversions
Share your images below:
Simply upload your shot into the comment field (look for the little camera icon in the Disqus comments section) and they’ll get embedded for us all to see or if you’d prefer, upload them to your favorite photo-sharing site and leave the link to them. Show me your best images in this week’s challenge. Sometimes it takes a while for an image to appear so be patient and try not to post the same image twice.
Share in the dPS Facebook Group
You can also share your images on the dPS Facebook group as the challenge is posted there each week as well.
The post Weekly Photography Challenge – Black and White Architecture by Darlene Hildebrandt appeared first on Digital Photography School.
Visit here for more on Camera Tips.
Read more on Digital Camera.